For over 30 years, Chris Winter has been a leading advocate for conservation in Canada. As Executive Director for the Conservation Council of Ontario, he designed projects and campaigns to promote conservation, including:
- a provincial conservation strategy, mapping goals and actions for a sustainable future;
- the Great Green Directory, connecting people with conservation solutions;
- Doors Closed campaign, promoting responsible air conditioning in stores;
- the Ontario Conservation Summit, bringing conservation leaders together;
- Conservation Trends research to monitor changes in opinions and behaviours
With his latest initiative, Climate Action Canada, Chris is tackling the biggest environmental issue of all, and showing how acting on climate change can actually improve our quality of life and create a better future for all Canadians.